Top Ten 2014
The year is almost over, as I wait for the Christmas lunch to go down to make-way for tonight’s huge stew… Four days off work, no money, a crap internet provider, and last second doubts about my latest ramblings in “Wear a Flower In Your Hair – a dialogue with Sadie Mae Glutz” (I know, a really catchy name, eh) which will probably be justified at multiple levels.
As they say, “publish and be damned!”. That is me. As I’m waiting for the next pay check, and living off my savings here’s a quick look at my Top Ten of books, films…and anything else that was my life in 2014:
10. “Fallen Angel” by John Ling
9. “Tijuana Nights” by Leigh K. Hunt
8. Visiting Akaroa, New Zealand
7. Enjoying the company of a brilliant and fantastic person who has her whole life ahead of her, and inspiration for a character (she will never know who exactly unless she reads the books). A-Cee we’re gonna do lunch one day.
5. “London Dusk” by Leigh K. Hunt
4. The Equalizer
3. Interstellar – continuing a retro trip into deep space in incredible, mind-blowing fashion.
2. Climbing Mt. Sugarloaf, Christchurch, NZ
1. Finishing “Wear a Flower In Your Hair – a dialogue with Sadie Mae Glutz”
There are heaps and heaps of things I’ve done this year, and not all of them would ever rank as “best” moments. Let us just hope that next year brings a new impetus and getting at least one feature screenplay finished. Fingers crossed.